Monday, September 04, 2006

Hello from Lily!

Hi, Carolyn here (Lily is staying with our family). I wanted to thank our "RuffSpots Team" for all their help- you girls are really great to work with!


Lily is settling in quite nicely. Much more relaxed, as you can see. We had a small incident with her and our senior (14 year old) cat, Walter, today. One of my daughters was exiting Lily's room and Lily squeezed out between her legs. Walter was in the hall and she made sure that he knew he was to go no where near her kittens. Everyone was fine, though- I think my daughter was the most traumatized!


Here is a recent shot of the kittens, sleeping. They're getting too cute now. They "play" with each other, and try to meow at us!

I'll post some individual pics of them in the next day or two. I want the vet to confirm that we've got the boys sorted out from the girls (well, only 1 girl, if I'm right!).

I can tell you now that the one in the left corner is "Popcorn" (which I guess could be either a girl or a boy kitten's name). He has the cutest black triangle on his nose! I think he's going to be a real charmer.

Here is our other kitty, Binka, aged 6 months, being a BAD KITTY (that's my dining room tablecloth)! We adore her but, like for all kittens, you need to have a lot of patience and realistic expectations about the trouble they can get into. The good news is that they are mostly more fun than bad, and they do settle down after a while!


Please let anyone you know who might be considering a pet know about Lily's blog. Cats make wonderful companions- they give so much and really require so little: a litterpan, food, a few toys (ours are mostly homemade- straws, and balls of paper) and your love and attention!

No comments: